Margaret Wagner Apartments
Margaret Wagner Apartments
2375 Euclid Heights Boulevard (Entrance is located off of Kenilworth Lane)
Cleveland Heights, OH 44106-2797
Margaret Wagner Apartments Renovations
Margaret Wagner Apartments have been serving low-income older adults in the Greater Cleveland area for the past 20 years, and a construction project that began on July 10 will increase its capacity to provide secure, affordable and supportive housing. The scope of the project includes the construction of 20 new one bedroom first floor units, new community spaces, updating the kitchens and bathrooms of the 60 existing units, improved accessibility,
central air conditioning, elevator modernization, new roofing and other building system upgrades. The project will take at least 12 months to complete. To stay up to date on the project, please follow our construction updates below:
(7/31) Painting started in the units on the 2nd floor east wing; demolition continued on the first floor in the West and North wings.
(8/30) Painting is complete and installation of new countertops, backsplashes and flooring was also completed in units on the 2nd floor east. Demolition continues on the first floor in the North and East wings.
(9/25) Renovation of the 2nd floor West wing is coming to a completion with painting, installation of new flooring, countertops, backsplashes, kitchen faucets and window blinds. Partition framing is underway on the 1st floor East wing and demolition continues on the 1st floor in the North and West wings along with ceiling removal on the Ground floor.
Since 2003, Margaret Wagner Apartments have served to provide older adults in the Greater Cleveland area secure, affordable and supportive housing. Our 60 apartment units provide our residents with a comfortable living environment, as well as community areas to socialize, stay active, enjoy the outdoors, surf the internet and cheer on their favorite sports teams.
If you’re an older adult looking for housing that meets your financial needs, the Margaret Wagner Apartments can be a great option for you to explore. To be eligible to live in the apartments, you must:
- Be age 62 and older
- Have your rent subsidized by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Earn under the HUD Income limit of $25,800 for 1 person and $29,500 for 2 people
- Be able to pay HUD Subsidized rent, 30% of gross income
Features of Margaret Wagner Apartments:
Margaret Wagner Apartments are designed to help you to live as securely and independently as possible. Apartments are available in three different layouts— one-bedroom kitchenette, one-bedroom full kitchen unit and studio apartment—depending on your spacing needs. An intercom system provides secure entry into the building, and there is an on-staff service coordinator available to assist residents. All units are cable ready, and all utilities outside of cable and telephone service are included in the rent at no additional cost. Pets are allowed at an additional fee.
Community amenities include:
- Beautiful gardens for residents to enjoy
- An outdoor patio with table seating and lounge chairs
- A community kitchen
- A community room with a large screen TV
- A computer room with three internet-accessible computers that can be used 24/7
- A quiet space for residents to borrow books and puzzles, including reading chairs and table space to put puzzles together
- Secure storage space on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors provided free of cost to residents who apply on a first-come, first-served basis
- Free above-ground lot parking for residents, as well as available lot and street parking for family, guests and aides
- Community coin-operated laundry rooms on the 2nd-4th floors
Margaret Wagner Apartments is a smoke-free facility.
The Margaret Wagner Apartments are located near University Circle, which is home to some of Cleveland's finest arts and cultural institutions, and close to Cleveland Clinic and University Hospital, two of America's leading medical centers.
The apartments are also close to the Cedar-Fairmount Business District, which includes banks, a number of professional services and a wide variety of restaurants and shops— all within walking distance.
Applications:(216) 373-1981 or MWAapplications@benrose.org
Office: (216) 373-2015
Fax: (216) 373-2016
TTY: (800) 750-0750