Adult Day Program
Margaret Wagner House
2373 Euclid Heights Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
(Current as of June 26, 2020 at 6:00 PM)
As the state of Ohio begins to reopen, we are working hard to navigate the best ways to contain the spread of COVID-19 and ensure employee and client safety.
The following programs remain closed:
- Adult Day Program
- Rose Centers for Aging Well senior centers, including congregate meals
- Senior Companion Program
All individuals who received congregate meals at the Adult Day Program continue to have the choice to have meals delivered to their home. These arrangements must be made directly with the Adult Day Program.
We are doing all we can to make sure that when the Adult Day Program reopens, appropriate safety protocols are in place, all staff are properly trained on those protocols, and participants and families are provided with the information needed to make informed decisions about attending.
If you have questions or concerns during the closure, please call 216.373.1995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For updates on Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging’s response to the COVID-19, please visit www.benrose.org/COVID-19.
The Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging Adult Day Program will give your loved one a place to enjoy social and therapeutic programs, while providing you peace of mind knowing that they are in a supportive environment. Our staff has expertise in social work, nursing and caring for individuals with memory loss. Activities and programs offered throughout the week foster and encourage a sense of accomplishment, value and self-worth by providing an environment that is respectful and supportive of your loved one’s individual needs and interests.
Enrolling your loved one in our Adult Day Program will also give you the much needed time to go to work, complete household tasks, participate in activities you enjoy or simply rest. Our research shows that respite has numerous benefits for caregivers, including lowering feelings of stress and being overburdened, while improving both the quality of your care and your overall relationship with your loved one, so taking advantage of the respite provided by our Adult Day Program can be just as beneficial to you as it is to your loved one.
The goals of our Adult Day Program include:
- Providing your loved one with a safe, comforting environment
- Offering respite for you and your loved one
- Improving and sustaining mental and physical health in a supportive and respectful environment
- Improving and sustaining social skills through therapeutic, social and recreational activities
- Fostering a sense of accomplishment and self-worth
The Adult Day Program is designed for older adults aged 60 and older.
What we offer:
- Respite for caregivers
- Referrals to other Benjamin Rose home and community-based services
- Therapeutic activities for older adults with mental or memory-related impairments and developmental disabilities, such as:
- MUSIC & MEMORY®
- Physical and creative activities which stimulate the senses
- Health monitoring
- Social activities, including clubs, discussion groups, dances, reminiscence sessions, holiday celebrations and intergenerational projects
- Recreational activities, including arts and crafts, exercise, field trips, bingo and group lessons
- A hot lunch and two snacks a day
- Transportation to the program location for those within a six-mile radius of the Margaret Wagner House
By participating in our Adult Day program, your loved one’s health will be monitored and assessed. National studies have shown that regular health assessments can help to reduce hospitalization. Studies have also shown that adult day programs can keep older adults engaged and stimulated, while keeping them in regular social contact with peers, preventing isolation. These benefits can often contribute to an overall happier and healthier lifestyle for your loved one.
Our trained intake specialist will discuss payment options with you, including approved insurance providers, such as Medicare and Medicaid plans. For more information, call (216) 791-8000 or e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud members of the National Adult Day Services Association.
We are proud to partner with AARP Foundation’s Senior Community Service Employment Program, which provides our program with volunteers who assist with activities and administrative tasks. We are also proud to partner with Cuyahoga Community College to provide internship opportunities for occupational therapy assistant students.