An evidence-based care-coaching program, delivered conveniently through telephone and email, that empowers both family and friend caregivers and the person receiving care to create meaningful, lasting improvements in the care environment.
BRI Care Consultation™ is a proven care-coaching solution delivered by telephone and email to adults with health conditions and their family or friend caregivers, empowering both to more effectively manage short- and long-term needs.
BRI Care Consultation uses a combination of ongoing assessment, action planning and follow-up support to create real and lasting changes in the caregiving situation, resulting in a decrease in unmet needs, stress and strain, and symptoms of depression for both caregivers and the person receiving care.
BRI Care Consultation helps to change the cycle of ongoing care, uncovering alternatives to current care methods, identifying helpful new community resources, mobilizing family and friend assistance, and driving lasting changes in the care situation.
"BRI Care Consultation™ includes a wide variety of topics and resources to engage in discussions with clients. In addition, the computer system is easy to navigate, includes helpful reporting measures and is effective in keeping our staff organized and efficient with larger caseloads."- Care Consultant
Through numerous research studies, BRI Care Consultation has been proven to provide positive outcomes, including:
- Improved satisfaction with care from doctors and other professionals
- Reduced symptoms of depression
- Less relationship strain between the caregiver and person receiving care
- Fewer costly emergency room visits and hospital re-admissions.
BRI Care Consultation is different
Because BRI Care Consultation is an evidence-based, comprehensive caregiver program, it offers a number of benefits to your organization:
- You can engage any combination of the caregiver/receiver duo, as needed
- Sustains ongoing results through continued support and assistance
- Care Consultant can encourage participation in your organization’s other services and programs
- Qualifies for Title III funding under the Older Americans Act
Convenient, telephone-based sessions with a trained and experienced Care Consultant allow both care partners to address unmet needs, difficult care tasks and other challenges resulting from caregiving responsibilities. Realistic and achievable action steps are developed and adjusted in order to modify and improve the situation, thereby reducing negative impacts and enhancing positive aspects of caregiving.
Secure online service-delivery system
“I have worked in traditional case management in the past, and find that BRI Care Consultation’s model of service allows more time to spend with families. They really appreciate the equal focus given to the needs of both the caregiver and their loved one. Many have expressed that they feel their Care Consultant is walking the journey with them, which promotes family involvement and retention.” - Care Consultant
The Care Consultant Information System (CCIS) is a secure, innovative web-based tool that guides trained Care Consultants throughout the delivery of the program. It allows Care Consultants to individually assess and record concerns for both caregivers and the person receiving care, easily and effectively monitor and update the action plan, and follow a schedule of ongoing contacts with participants.
Three-part framework for success
The model follows an established, proven protocol, but allows for flexibility to address the unique issues facing each individual caregiver and person receiving care.
- Assessment: Care Consultants use Assessment to ensure that concerns are identified, addressed and prioritized using a gradual process that involves open dialogue between Care Consultants and individuals or families.
- Action Plan: Care Consultants provide recommendations that help individuals and families move towards solutions to address identified problems, providing guidance on how to connect to appropriate resources, help with managing challenging behaviors or activities of daily living, communicating needs to health professionals, scheduling appointments and mobilizing support from other family and friends.
- Ongoing Support: Through ongoing contact, Care Consultants provide outreach to individuals and families, follow-up on action step progress, identify new concerns and adjust activities in the Action Plan.
Want more details? Download the BRI Care Consultation Q&A Sheet.
Two delivery models for flexible implementation
Both nonprofit and commercial organizations are able to provide this valuable service to their clients. We offer two different models for delivering Care Consultation services—the Licensed Model and WeCare.
|Licensed Model: Services delivered by your organization
|WeCare. . . because you do: Services delivered by Benjamin Rose
Evidenced-based program delivers proven outcomes
Through over two decades of research, BRI Care Consultation has been proven to provide the ongoing coaching and support needed for people with chronic conditions and their family caregivers. The beneficial impacts of BRI Care Consultation were found for caregivers and persons receiving care for a chronic condition at any stage or any level of severity.
For more detail about this program, see BRI Care Consultation™ Intervention Summary on the Administration for Community Living’s Aging and Disability Evidence-Based Programs and Practices (ADEPP) website.
When delivered as a service of Benjamin Rose, BRI Care Consultation is known as WeCare…because you do.
For more information on BRI Care Consultation, please fill out the below form, email email@example.com or call 216-373-1662.
The “BPC Approved” badge is given to dementia caregiving programs that pass strict criteria for inclusion in Best Practice Caregiving, a database of the top dementia caregiving programs in the U.S.
BRI Care Consultation Web to Lead
Submit the below form to learn more about BRI Care Consultation