Aging in Place: Know Your Housing Options
Aging in Place Contet
A successful aging in place plan is a process of evaluating current and future needs, thinking through options, and evaluating our homes and communities to develop strategies. Our FREE Aging in Place: Know Your Housing Options course is designed to:
- Assess homes for safety, accessibility, and affordability
- Explore ways to use home equity to stay in our homes
- Discover housing options
- Consider what home means to you
- Know what it means to age in place and age in community
- Understand how to create a continuum of care plan
- Evaluate your current home
- Is it safe?
- Is it Accessible?
- Is it Affordable?
- Learn to calculate home equity
- Understand the different types of ways you can use your equity to pay for aging in place
- Single-Purpose Loans/Grants
- Home Equity Loans
- Home Equity Lines of Credit
- Reverse Mortgages
- Know the different types of housing available as we age
- Senior Apartments & Retirement Communities
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Skilled Nursing & Rehab Facilities
- Co-Housing, Shared Housing, & Roomers for Boomers
- Explore options to pay for housing
- Know where to go for next steps and resources
This course is offered quarterly.
|Aging in Place: Know Your Housing Options||Zoom||04/11/2023||1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.||